Thai Fried Rice

Sunday, July 28, 2013




Fried rice is always something I cook after having enough leftover fried rice, and by that, always by using whatever I have on hands. And I never cook the same fried rice twice. Nevaaa!

However, the boyfriend came today and I have promised to cook fried rice. But I was too nervous if he had to taste my "magic surprise" (meaning that the fried rice might not taste like fried rice), so for this time, I actually follow a recipe I found online at allrecipes.com, except of course some modifications on things that I have on hand :)

I love Thai fried rice and this recipe taste just like how I want it. Very very close to the one at Thai restaurant that I was jumping out of excitement when I realized that I finally knew the secret of good fried rice. 

This recipe is a keeper, and I will for sure make the same kind of fried rice, more than two times! 
Enjoy!

Recipe is adapted from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/thai-spicy-basil-chicken-fried-rice/

Thai Fried Rice (makes 3 portions)

Mix this 3 ingredient to make the sauce:
5 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp fish sauce
1.5 tbsp sugar

All others:
4 garlic cloves
1/2 onions
Any kind of meat enough for 3 portions (shrimp, chicken, beef, pork, mushroom, tofu, etc.)
1 cup basil leaves
1 serrano chili, thinly sliced
1 red chili, thinly sliced
3 portions of cooked white rice
1 egg

HOW TO:
Stir fry garlic and onions in 2 tbsp of oil until fragrant. 
Use the high setting on the stove, crack in egg and scramble it until dry.
Add the meat and cook thoroughly. 
Add in the sliced chilies, followed by the mixed sauce. 
After done, add in rice and mix well. The rice should be cooked at the high setting on the stove to generate better and sometimes a bit of burnt taste.
Add fresh basil leave the last and mix it in.

The fried rice is too good, my boyfriend even whispered and giggled: "PS. I love you!" Hihihiiii...
Yay! Now I am a happy girlfriend!

Cya,

Hedgehog and Avocados!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images